Job Description - What we offer:
Quantum Capital Fund is seeking a talented and energetic Full-Time Dev/Ops Engineer that will work closely with the Software Development Team to provide strategic direction on and execute network infrastructure, security, continuous integration, deployment, and IT operations practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running day-to-day operations of production and development infrastructure for the web-based CPF platform and associated software components. The successful candidate enjoys continuing improvement of communication skills, understanding of the domain in which QCF software is being written, and, crucially, a sensitivity and passion for the underlying business, and for ensuring it succeeds.
A successful candidate should love learning and be able to self-teach with even a minimal amount of direction. As a Dev/Ops Engineer at Quantum Capital Fund, you will have the chance to work in a highly energetic, multi-tasked and dynamic driven team that is based in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Bachelors degree (CS or EE preferred)
- Relevant experience in Linux/Unix system engineering/administration and network engineering.
- Strong knowledge in building and supporting production IT/ web infrastructure for cloud-based SaaS web applications built on LAMP stack.
- Knowledge in clouds (EC2, Rackspace, etc.), Apache web server, and Subversion (SVN)
- Proficient in scripting languages, such as shell, Perl, Python, PHP, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of key protocols including TCP, NFS, HTTP, and SSH.
- Interact with other departments to provide information and assistance as necessary.
- Dev/Ops Engineer will be responsible for maintaining an 24 x 7 oncall rotation schedule.
- Provide day to day support for activities on QCF infrastructure also address and resolve routine issues assigned for engineering support.
- Experience with MySql operations including installation and backup.
- Proficient analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Worked in fast paced startup environment.
- Knowledge of automation configuration tools such as Puppet
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools such as Nagios
- Knowledge of Hadoop Map Reduce
- Knowledge of NoSql (Cassandra or Mongo) and Veritca database
Benefits and Perks:
QCF offers a very competitive compensation package with options in one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley. You will also receive benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and 10 paid holidays.